How we define what matters to us
When you think of Hutch, we hope you think of our mission to nurture, empower, and connect underrepresented entrepreneurs who are working toward the public good. It’s our vision to create a diverse ecosystem of digital services firms that transform the way our government serves its people. But how exactly do we do this?
In the end, it always comes down to impact. While profit is critical, it’s not the be-all and end-all at Hutch. To us, true success means leaving the government and the world better than you found it. In fact, that’s a key reason why Hutch was started in the first place. Since our founding in 2019, we’ve worked to build not just successful and sustainable companies, but ones who use tech for good.
To help us ensure that we’re always driving towards impact, we defined our core values in 2021. Establishing our values at Hutch allowed us to focus our energies on what matters most: the people we serve. Our values speak to who we are and what we stand for, and they’re the driving force behind how we work together at Hutch.
So, what are our values?
- Be transparent. We’re all on the same team, so we share information openly and candidly. We value each others’ voices, building trust through open communication.
- Take accountability. We own our impact. Our Hutch companies are in the driver’s seat of their business, so we trust and empower them to move their work forward.
- Coach and be coached. We’re all both students and teachers at Hutch. We empower each other to share expertise, but we also keep things humble, seeking out opportunities to learn and improve.
- Put people first. Empathy is a core part of how we operate. We take a people-first approach to everything we do, putting ourselves in others’ shoes to not just deliver great services, but make the greatest impact.
- Follow your passion. We believe you should love what you do and do what you love. Passion fuels our work and drives us to constantly strive to do better for our customers and our communities.
We want to build a better world with our Hutch companies, and our values help show us how we’ll get there. They define what it looks like to build a diverse and inclusive ecosystem of digital services firms that value people, culture, and community. And they make it clear that, together, we can change the world.