Hutch Accepting Founders for 2025 cohort
Government IT is a huge market. Hutch is here to help founders of color and women entrepreneurs tap into it.
In 2022, the White House’s requested IT budget was more than $100 billion. The government aims to set aside 23% of federal contracting dollars for small businesses every year. If they reach that goal, it amounts to over $25 billion for small business government IT services.
But how do small businesses looking to make a mark on government digital services and impact government grow in an ocean of large-scale IT projects and big organizations.
Hutch is a 24-month program that gives entrepreneurs a blueprint for building successful digital service firms in the B2G space. We think of Hutch as a home-base for our members, giving them a foundation of support so they can grow in the government contracting space without getting lost amongst bigger companies in the industry.
“We realize the access to opportunities, capital, knowledge, information, and a support system is not readily available to founders of color or many women entrepreneurs, especially in the tech ecosystem,” said Hutch coach and Fearless CEO Delali Dzirasa. “Hutch is here to fill that void.”
Since 2019, Hutch has grown its portfolio to include 20 companies across various disciplines.
Seeking entrepreneurs for the next Hutch cohort
Our goal at Hutch is to help digital services companies acquire customers in the multi-billion dollar government IT market.
We are hosting 5 info sessions this fall to get to know potential participants and share how Hutch can impact them and their business.
- Tues. October 17th 4:00-5:00pm EST
- Thurs. October 19th 12:00-1:00pm EST
- Mon. October 23rd 5:00-6:00pm EST
- Wed. October 25th 2:00-3:00pm EST
- Fri. November 3rd 9:00-10:00am EST
Attendance at 1 info session is required to apply for the cohort and have your application reviewed.
We focus on:
- Entrepreneurs of color/women founders
- Business to Government contractors who provide these digital services:
- Agile Management
- Product Development
- DevSecOps and Compliance
- Data and Transparency
- SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS Implementation
- Impact-driven businesses that want to improve their communities and the world around them
What Hutch offers entrepreneurs:
We think of Hutch as a home-base for our members, giving them a foundation of support so they can grow.
- One-on-one mentoring
- Expert guidance on government contracting
- Discounted HUBZone, WOSB, EDWOSB and 8(a) Certifications and Consultations
- Dedicated bank partnership, including support for establishing lines of credit and creating financial projections
- Benefits specialist who provides coaching and assistance
- Baltimore office space co-located within Spark and Fearless
- Lasting relationships, partnerships, & networks